Designed to be truly tailored to your individual needs this check involves extra time to focus in on key areas in your health and lifestyle. With even greater analysis into your well-being this is our ‘Gold Standard’ Health Check for the over 45 age range.
What is included?
- Consultation with an experienced Male/Female GP (depending on the patient’s gender) including in depth health screening questionnaire, key physical measures, physical examination and blood / urine tests and time to talk with a focus on prostate, reducing risk of cancer, improving heart and bone health as well as watching for signs of low testosterone for male patients. For women the focus is on menopause, reducing risk of cancer and improving heart and bone health as you mature.
- Be prepared to give a detailed past medical and family history including treatment/therapy and surgery and any current effects of health issues on your wellbeing, physical, mental health and relationships.
- This consultation includes full health screening tests: ECG, audiometry screening, blood pressure, height, weight, body composition: percentage body fat, BMI, urine dipstick, venous blood samples including PSA and lung function tests (spirometry)
- Our GP will review your signup questionnaire for any general mens/womens health problems, review diet, lifestyle and relationships, work life balance and tailor examination to areas at risk or identified for improvement.
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Abdominal, ENT, Skin and Neuro/musculoskeletal systems will be examined; optional prostate & testicular examination for men and breast examination for women. Self examination is also included to give your greater confidence.
- Risk profiles are generated to build a picture targeting the GP advice on Cardiovascular and diabetes risk reduction options, alongside relevant subjects such as optimising sustainable activity for heart and bone health, therapeutic options for prostate (in men) and bladder problems, options for menopausal problems (in women), weight management, reducing mental stress and optimising life balance.
- GP works with you to create an action plan covering significant findings of the session and achievable goals for the coming year.
Consultation fee includes in house therapist referral letters and external referral letters.
Blood tests that are included:
PSA (for men)
FBC + blood cell Differential, ESR
Sodium, Potassium, Urea, Calcium, Creatinine,
Albumin, Globulin, Bilirubin, ALP, AST, ALT, Gamma-GT, Total Protein
HDL Cholesterol, LDL Cholesterol, Triglycerides
Relevant private prescriptions, additional blood tests and arrangement of scans / investigations are offered for an additional fee.